If you aspire to have a shabby chic kitchen you will absolutely adore the new ‘Bon Bon’ range of kitchen accessories and dinnerware from Sabichi. There is floral print and polka dots galore! I was sent a few things from the collection in return for featuring them on my blog….what can I say….I was absolutely delighted!
The best news I have for you about this range is that not only is it fabulous but it is really affordable as well. To be honest, I was really shocked when I saw the prices on the Sabichi website. You’ll be pleased to hear the desirable items in their Bon Bon collection are nowhere near as expensive as some of the other floral and polka dot kitchen accessories available on the high street at the moment.
For the purposes of this blog feature I was sent the 4pc Bon Bon mug set, 2 of the blue lidded glass spice jars and a polka dot single oven glove. All of the items I received are superb quality and look great in the kitchen. I let my mum keep the polka dot mugs as she was there when I opened the parcel and she took a shine to them (plus she drinks more tea than me…well that was her excuse for wanting them!). I’m afraid I wasn’t parting with the oven glove or the jars for anyone though! :o)
I currently have icing sugar in one of the glass jars and in the other one I have sweeties. I love the clip top glass spice jars as they are small enough to have out on display in the kitchen. I do love big glass jars but the truth is I don’t have enough worktop space to have them all out on display. These spice jars fit in my kitchen perfectly as they can sit out on display amongst my large collection of polka dot homeware. The spice jars have a 250ml capacity and are the ideal size for herbs, spices or sweeties. They are only available with a blue porcelain lid. If you buy the larger size Bon Bon jars you can choose from 3 different colours.
The porcelain mugs are so pretty with their kitsch polka dot design. The set contains 9oz mugs in 4 different colours. It doesn’t say they are dishwasher safe but my mum has been washing them in the dishwasher and so far she has encountered no problems. It might be best to handwash them if you can though. The mugs work out at just £1.25 each which is really good value for money.
The single oven glove is really ‘handy’ to have in the kitchen (excuse the pun!). It is a practical item and it would make a great gift for someone, as would any of the items in the Bon Bon range. The 100% cotton oven glove has an all over polka dot design with a floral print motif. It has a yellow coloured trim with a small hanging loop.
So you can see what I mean about the great prices of all the items……here is a full price list of the whole Bon Bon collection :-
- 4 pc Bon Bon Mug Set – Just £5 for this set of 4 beautiful polka dot mugs.
- Bon Bon Teapot – This floral teapot will look lovely on the table when you have your friends round for tea and cakes. It is only £9.50!
- Talking about cakes….they would look even more delicious if presented on the Bon Bon 2 Tier floral and polka dot cake stand which is £11.50.
- This shabby chic apron from the collection is a bargain at just £6.
- If you like to bake you’ll love these pastel coloured ceramic mixing bowls which are just £8.50 each. You can choose from blue, pink, yellow and turquoise.
- I don’t think you’ll be able to resist the floral and polka dot tray that is part of the collection. It’s £9.50 and it will not only look pretty in your kitchen but be oh so useful too!
- The 4 pk of floral coasters is just £2.50 and the matching polka dot placemats are just £7.
- The small glass spice jars are £2 each and the bigger sized glass jars (with a lid in a choice of 3 colours) are £3 each.
- The full size double floral oven glove is only £6 and the single polka dot oven glove is just £4.
- For £6 you can get yourself 3 shabby chic design tea towels to co-ordinate with all the products in the range. Even these on their own would add a touch of shabby chic to your kitchen.
- I already have a polka dot dinner set that my mum bought me as a gift but if I didn’t I would have definitely looked at buying the ones in the Bon Bon range. Each 12 pc dinner service has one place setting of each colour – red, turquoise, blue and yellow. One set is £20 but you can get 2 sets for £35.
I just know that if you are a fan of the country style shabby chic kitchen that you will love all the items in the Bon Bon collection by Sabichi. I am a big fan of anything floral or polka dot and some of the designers that I really love are Cath Kidston, Boden, Joules and Laura Ashley. I can happily say that the designers at Sabichi have now earned their place in my list of favourites too.
You can buy all the items featured in this blog post on the Sabichi website. The postage and packaging charges are £4.95 but free if you spend over £30. What better excuse do you need to spend over £30 on polka dot loveliness!
If you have time, please go and say hi to the Sabichi team over on Twitter and Facebook. It’s worth following their social media accounts as that is how you can hear about any special offers and find out all the news about the latest collections.
(Thanks Sabichi for sending me the lovely items to review)