My sister-in-law is pregnant with a little boy and as soon as I found out she was expecting I offered to try and get some review products for her. The item at the top of her list was a changing bag.
I said I would do my best to get her one and low and behold , I managed it! :o)
Babymel kindly said they would send her a new changing bag for her to use for her little boy’s out and about essentials. Do you want to know the best bit…..the changing bag my sister-in-law had with her first child was also Babymel. They had sent her it to her for review waaaaayyy back in 2011. What a lovely bunch they are. Thanks Babymel!
The bag that my sister-in-law chose for her review this time round was the Amanda Quilted in black. The bag costs £57.95 with free Royal Mail (untracked) delivery. There are other postage options available if you wish to pay a bit more.
Last time (back in 2011) she had chosen the Amanda Floral Print bag and even to this day it is still in good condition. As you would expect, it is showing signs of wear and tear but that is not surprising when you consider the bag has been used non-stop on a daily basis for 3 years. My sister-in-law loved it and the only reason she wanted a change of changing bag (excuse the pun!) is because she thought it would be nice to have a bag with a more neutral/boyish colourway as she is having a son.
The Amanda Quilted bag in black is absolutely stunning. I would go so far as saying it is the most stylish changing bag I’ve ever seen!
It is such good quality and the bag looks and feels so expensive. You really do get what you pay for! The Amanda changing bag is the same style as the one my sister-in-law had before so she is very confident that it it will be just the right size for all the things she needs for the baby. In actual fact this quilted bag is slightly bigger than the floral printed one so she will have even more space than she hoped for…. which is always a bonus! She also knows that because of the standard of the materials/stitching used that the bag will last well and not start to look grubby in a matter of months.
- The changing bag measures 40cm high by 31cm wide by 15cm deep.
- It has a long adjustable strap and ingenius stroller straps that velcro around your pushchair handle. These are a fantastic idea and so simple to use! They allow you to securely attach your changing bag to the pushchair handle of your buggy.
- There is an insulated bottle pocket on one end of the changing bag. This allows you to keep baby’s bottle of milk or juice insulated – very handy in the hot weather! Also it is great that you don’t then need to buy a separate insulated bottle bag as you have one incorporated into the Babymel bag.
- The outside of the bag is wipe clean so that you can wipe away any dirty marks. Personally I have always been a fan of using baby wipes for a quick clean up of bags, clothes, highchair surfaces, baby’s face, etc!
- The bag has two deep pockets on the front and one large pocket on the bag. The pockets are all really spacious and can hold a multitude of baby essentials.
- Inside the bag there are internal elasticated pockets which you can use to store your baby wipes, muslin, nappies , etc.
- The bag comes with a fold-out changing mat which is wipe clean. It is a good size so you can be sure your baby has somewhere clean and comfy to be changed.
- The outside of the bag is wipe clean which means that you can rest assured that if it gets dirty you can quickly and easily clean it up.
Here is a photo collage of all the Amanda changing bags available from Babymel.
If reading this review has tempted you to buy a Babymel changing bag then you can do so by popping over to the Babymel website or finding your nearest stockist of their bags. If you are looking for a really big bargain then make sure to check out the Outlet section of the website. If you have any questions about any of the bags then please feel free to contact the company using this link. They are such a helpful company that prides itself on great customer service.
I’d like to say a big thank you to Babymel for sending my sister-in-law this wonderful changing bag. She is over the moon to have it. :o)