If you are looking for an extra special personalised gift for somebody then please may I recommend that you visit the La Petite Maison Blanc online shop. Helen White runs the business and she makes the most amazing linen storage baskets with applique designs & embroidered text.
I was a very lucky lady as Helen kindly said she would make me a ‘polka dot’ gift to review and do you know what she made me……the most stunning linen storage basket with polka dot lining and a charming applique of red and white ‘Spotty Shoes’ with ribbon/button trim and accompanying embroidered text. It is so beautiful and extremely well made! The standard of workmanship on this basket is so professional.
It arrived with me packaged in a pretty pink tissue paper with red and white twine fastening the gift. It was a parcel I couldn’t wait to open! Even more so because I wasn’t sure what the storage basket would look like because all that Helen had told me was that it would be ‘polka dot’. She’d left it as a surprise for me to see which applique design & text she’d chosen…..and as I’m sure you’ve guessed, I absolutely love it! 🙂
The linen is a really superior quality fabric and the polka dot lining and applique match my home perfectly. I have red and white polka dots everywhere….even on my fridge! So this gorgeous basket fits in a treat!
I love that the basket can be folded flat as it means you could easily take this with you when you go on holiday because when you get to your destination you could unfold it and pop in all your bits and pieces like make-up, jewellery, car keys, etc.
My lovely storage basket is currently being used to store some of my sewing bits in such as buttons, ribbon, fabric hexagons & my pin cushion however because of it’s usefulness it could easily be used to store most things in! Here are just some ideas for you :-
- You can put it on your dressing table and store make-up in.
- You could fill it up with all your hair bobbles, hair clips and hair brushes.
- The basket is the ideal size for storing some DVDs and CDs in.
- If you are always losing your phone & gadget chargers then why not store them in one of these baskets. Then you’ll always know where they are!
- My daughter has suggested that these baskets would be ideal used in a children’s room to store small books or toys in. 🙂
- The basket would be very handy in a baby’s nursery as you could store nappy changing essentials in it, such as a few nappies, some wipes and some nappy cream.
- There are so many other things you could store in a La Petite Maison Blanc Linen Storage Basket….the only limit is your imagination!
There isn’t currently a listing in the La Petite Maison Blanc etsy shop for the red and white spotty shoes storage basket that I received but I’m sure if you’d like one the same that Helen can sort that out for you. You can contact her here – http://www.lapetitemaisonblanc.co.uk/#!contact/cvrh
At the moment there are lots of other storage basket designs available, such as the Mums Make-up basket, the Pug design basket and the Dad’s smellies & shaving bits basket. The one for dad would make a fantastic Father’s Day Gift (which is on Sunday, June 21st 2015).
I would like to say thank you so much to Helen for kindly sending me the spotty basket to review on my blog. I will treasure it! 🙂