A few months back my Mum was sent a new roasting tray to review. It was gifted to her by Stellar Cookware.
The roasting tin she received was the medium size Stellar hard anodised roasting tray with handle.
The medium roasting tray she received measures 36cm x 26cm x 7cm but is also available in the smaller size 32cm x 22cm x 5cm and the larger size 42cm x 30cm x 7cm.
You can access the PDF product support leaflet about the Stellar Hard Anodised cookware here —> stellar-hard-anodised-ovenware-care-and-use
My Mum was delighted to receive this roasting tin from Stellar as she had taken a shine to one that Judge had gifted my brother earlier in the year but sadly that was too big to fit in her oven and also too heavy for her to comfortably carry. This one from Stellar is just what she needed though! It is the perfect size for her oven and it is fairly lightweight but extremely well made. She was eager to try it out as soon as it arrived and as you’ll see from the photo at the top of this review, she roasted some vegetables in it for a Sunday Dinner. The roasted veg was delicious and we enjoyed eating them. On that occasion my mum used tin foil in the pan but normally you wouldn’t need to use anything , except maybe baking parchment if you wanted to be 100% sure that your food won’t stick.
- It is made from an aluminum alloy which provides superior thermal conductivity for even heat distribution. The Stellar cookware collection has been electrochemically-hardened (hard anodised) for unbeatable durability. The anodising technique gives the pans a significantly longer lifespan than traditional bakeware and makes it virtually non-porous,safe to use with metal utensils, and it is almost inherently impervious to residual flavours To enhance the non-stick properties, you can season the pan, but for fail safe non stick, Stellar recommend the use of baking parchment.
- The non-stick coating will not peel or flake off, will never rust, and is PTFE & PFOA free
- Can be used on the hob (except on induction) , under the grill and in the oven, up to 240°C, This means you can roast your joint of meat in the oven in the roasting pan and then once it is cooked you can transfer the pan to the hob to make the gravy. Great idea as it not only lets you make the perfect gravy using all the juicy bits in the bottom of the pan but it saves on washing up too!
- It comes with the Stellar Lifetime Guarantee.
- This is designed to be handwashed in warm soapy water. Using a dishwasher will degrade and remove the hard anodised finish.
My Mum really like the roasting tray and she thought it was good it had the built in handles as it made it much easier to carry and to put into the oven. She likes that it is lightweight because it means it doesn’t hurt her hands/wrists to grip the pan when it is piled high with roasted veggies and / or a joint of meat.
This is a great roasting tin to treat yourself to in time for Christmas Day Dinner! It can fit a generous amount of vegetables in and as it can also be used on the hob it is ideal.
The new Stellar Hard Anodised collection comprises 24 essential kitchen favourites, including baking & roasting trays, loose base flan tins, cupcake trays and cake tins of various size. You can see them all here —> http://www.stellarcookware.co.uk/Search.html?term=hard+anodised+ovenware
As an example , Harts of Stur sell the full collection of hard anodised ovenware over on their website.
They currently have the medium Stellar roasting tray on offer for £29.00 – which is half its RRP of £58.00. The link you need to buy it on is http://www.hartsofstur.com/acatalog/Stellar-Hard-Anodised-36-x-27cm-Roasting-Tray-With-Handle-SHA82.html#SID=2383
Don’t forget that cookware also makes a great Christmas Gift so while these are on offer you can’t go wrong considering them as a festive gift for someone you know that loves to cook. The Stellar Hard Anodised 8″ Round Sandwich Tin (currently on offer for £11.00 at Harts of Stur) would be particularly good as a gift along with a nice cook book. 🙂 You could even add a few packets of sprinkles and a tub of Betty Crocker icing and then they will be well away!
To view the full collection of Stellar Hard Anodised Bakeware please click here.